adidas Consortium Sneaker Exchange – Alife & Starcow
jetzt statt 150€ nur 99,95€!
- New York OGs meet Paris OGs
- Suede Gazelle and leather Stan Smith
- Low-key patriotism
- It is hard to beat the classics
New York & Paris – July 2017
Before the spread of the internet, collaboration was different. Information was exchanged gradually, scenes and subcultures grew slowly and
often remained confined to their cities. The original sneaker retailers formed at the heart of these subcultures and did more than simply sell shoes.
They became meeting points; places for style, art, music, and urban culture to collide.
New York City’s Alife opened in 1999. Over the past 18 years it has formed a clothing label, grown central to the city’s footwear scene, and helped
establish a blueprint for the generation of sneaker boutiques that followed. During a similar timeframe, Starcow has achieved comparable status
in Paris, where since opening in 2001, it has become the store and hangout for the city’s skate and streetwear community.
adidas Consortium paired them together for the Sneaker Exchange 2017 fully knowing that both partners would dig deep into their huge wealth
of knowledge and experience to create a sneaker pack. Together, Alife and Starcow present a suede Gazelle and leather Stan Smith - two style
staples stripped right back to the basics.
There is a scrupulous approach to both models: quality materials, clean design and low-key detailing. The Gazelle is delivered in shades of
grey, the Stan Smith in white and off-white. The only small injections of color are the red, white and blue of the US “Stars and Stripes” and French
“Tricolore” which adorn the heel of both models and are understated, but patriotic nods to each other’s cultures. Placed next to each other, the
core idea for this pack becomes evident: the execution on one is inverted on the other. While white leather – embossed with both partner’s logos
– appears on the upper of the Stan Smith it was used for the lining on the Gazelle. Conversely, the sand-colored lining of the Stan Smith is the
This pack celebrates clarity of vision, when executed like this, the classics are hard to beat
- white full grain leather upper
- alife/Starcow logo-embossed all over pattern
- American and French flag embroideries at heel
- white reflective heel tab
- sand colored leather lining
- logo-branded tongue labels
- metal eyelets
- co-branded leather insoles
- off-white colored outsole
- flat cotton laces.